Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trying Something New.

I've never participated in one of Shelli's challenges before. Shelli is the fearless leader of Stampin' UP! Most of the faithful blog readers know that I've been a demonstrator for a happy 8 years and counting. I love my job!

This month's challenge was to create something to send to a friend, neighbor or family member to encourage them. A 'thinking of you' type card (that sentiment not required for the challenge.) I immediately thought about one of the samples I created for a recent card class. During the month of July, Wendy and I hosted 'bring a new friend' card classes. Classes intended to introduce more people to card making, while increasing our customer base. (This is our business!)

The classes were an overwhelming success! I'm so thankful to every customer that brought a new friend to card class. (And all friends that came without friends too! Love ya'll!) All you beautiful people are helping me SHARE my love of stamping and paper crafting, while we build beautiful friendships.

Now, my entry to the creative challenge from SoShelli:



Ingredients:
Pool Party, Basic Black, So Saffron & Very Vanilla Card stock
In Color dsp, First Edition ssp
Basic Black Ink
'My Friend' Stamp Set
Eyelet Border punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Decorative Label punch
Rhinestone jewels

This card makes me think of all the friendships I've formed during these years as a demonstrator. Best of all, it makes me so excited for all the fun we're going to have making new friends while we SHARE and craft together!!

Thanks for reading today! I hope you enjoy this card, but most of all, I hope it inspires you to create something to SHARE with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment