Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Star Wars, My Sister & Football: None of these things go together.

It's the beginning of Week #3 around here. School Week #3. So far, so good. It's normally about the middle of this week, when I start to feel a little bit anxious. A little bit like, this is too good to be true, sort of a thing. Keep your fingers crossed.

The busy is starting to really amp up around here. It's a good sort of busy. Next on the agenda. Junior High football. Yep, starts this week.



Repeat after me: I will not freak out. I will not freak out. I will not freak out.

We're seriously considering medicating my sister for this. She's not ready.

I thought I was ready. After all, I've already done this one time. In my mind, I was ready for this. I kept my cool right up until the first day of full pads, full contact. Then, I found out I wasn't as ready as I thought. No worries. I didn't embarrass anyone. I worried quietly in my own home. Over eating just the right amount.... you know, the normal 'mom' response. Then, I went to a card class and shared my cell phone picture of these sweet baby boys. All the ladies gave me just the right amount of encouragement. Now, I'm fine again. For now.

A closer look at the football photo reveals a super cool, most awesome twin thing..... the boys are in the right number order for who was born first. For some reason, that is stinkin' cool to me. I hope they get those numbers for their official game jerseys.

We survived the long holiday weekend. Thank you Spike channel for the 'Star Wars' marathon. If there's ever been a better series of movies ever made, I don't know what it could be. My sister refuses to watch 'Star Wars'. Any episode. This may be my great failure in life. I somehow must figure out a way to persuade her to watch. Any ideas?



Look at us. Today is her birthday. Mom says we look alike. 'May the force be with you' on your birthday. Make your life complete by watching a 'Star Wars' movie. Go ahead and do it.... all the popular kids are watching....

No comments:

Post a Comment