Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Christmas In July!

Hello Friends!

I was NOT prepared for the challenge from the Paper Players this week.  (PP153)

Christmas in JULY!?!?  Already?!?!  I guess it's time!  I haven't placed a pre order for new stuff from the new Holiday Mini catalog yet, so I decided to just use some things I already had.  What do you think?


I started with the Christmas greeting from 'That's the Ticket', then I added the images from 'Daydream Medalions' because I thought they looked like a Christmas wreath.  By the time I finished adding the pennants and the ribbon, I feel like I ended up with a 'homecoming mum' of sorts..... instead of a Christmas wreath.

I'm happy with all the layers, and I love the new embellishments, but the Pistachio Pudding ink didn't photograph well.  So, maybe I'm not quite ready for Christmas in July!?  Maybe I need a few more days of just plain old summer!

Supplies:
Stamps: That's the Ticket, Daydream Medallions
Ink: Real Red, Pistachio Pudding
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Real Red, In color paper stack
Big Shot: Petals a plenty impressions folder, Floral Frames Framlits
Accessories: Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon, In Color Boutique Details

Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pretty layers! And this is a fun color combo for Christmas. I'm with you though on the Christmas in July part. Stamping Christmas cards when it's 100+ degrees outside is just plain wrong.

    ReplyDelete