Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Morning Randomography

Here I am! I know. It's been too long since I've posted. Sorry for that. Time just seems to get away from me. Nothing too terribly exciting to write about even now, but I wanted you all to know I didn't die in a horrible Homecoming Football incident.

So, you get my rambling Monday thoughts.

Shall I go to the Walmart today or not? Fox requested I purchase, 'that soft toilet paper' next time I go to the store. Is that a funny enough request?

I had a brief moment of questionable parenting this morning in the car, on the way to school. Jag's allergies are OUT. OF. CONTROL. This morning in the car, I discovered he in fact, did NOT take the allergy medicine this morning. Instead of turning around to make his life better today, I spent the rest of the drive to school putting it, 'on record' that I had told him AT LEAST 3 times this morning to take the allergy medicine. I think it went a little something like this:

Okay, for the record, I just want it said out loud, that I did, in fact, tell you a minimum of THREE times this morning to take that allergy medicine. Just to be clear, even after those THREE requests, you still did NOT take any medicine, so you will be miserable all day today with a snotty nose. Possibly even a headache at some point. You need to recognize that this could have been avoided if you would have just done as I told you the FIRST time. Is everyone hearing me? Am I clear? This allergy problem is Jag's own fault.


I feel the sudden need to update you a little with some 'Tales from the Trainer's Pack.' Jag continues to be the student trainer for the football team. We just completed a very busy week of Homecoming activities topped off with the football game. One player was injured seriously, and one player had a bad attitude problem on the sidelines. Jag takes all these things really personally. Trying to comfort the injured player and trying to encourage the bad attitude. I just love watching him do these things. He seems to have found his 'niche'. I hope he's also making some great friends.




(These football game pictures do not picture the injured player or the attitude issue. Some things teens need to work out without blog interference.)


Those other little boys are having a wonderful time in Junior High. They seem to take everything in stride. Great attitudes. Great friends. Great environment. They will begin practice for fall basketball today. I can't wait to watch those games in the coming months.




A few weekends ago, I had the pleasure and privilege to take a couple of my wonderful friends to a Stampin' UP! regional event. It was a quick trip, full of wonderful information from Stampin' UP!. My guests were able to see first hand why I love my company so much.




Most importantly, we didn't perish on the busy metroplex freeways. I don't know how I got to be this old without ever driving on them, but I was proud of myself for a successful journey.

Random Monday mornings. So very nice.

3 comments:

  1. yay for the new post!! love the randomography!! love those fun kiddos of yours! so glad they are all finding their niches and loving life - even if it means the occasional day of feeling horrible because we did not do the proper thing of listening to mom!! :) also so very glad you made it through the metroplex driving!! you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally LoVE how Jag is the fabulous football trainer! I also LOVe how the Bubs are dressed inversely of eachother! AND, for the record, a request for soft tp is NOT odd...soft tp should be a given!

    Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally - you're back!! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete