Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shopping



Today, I spent a large part of the day shopping. Not for anything particular, just browsing around the clothing stores. I was on my last stop of the day. I rode the escalator up to the second floor at a popular department store in the nearby town, right behind a very cute older retired couple. They were sharply dressed in pressed khakis and matching green polo shirts. They were all tucked in with clean sneakers. He was holding her back very gently so she wouldn’t fall off the escalator, and I thought to myself, ‘That is the sweetest thing!’



Later, I was perusing a discount rack (I rarely buy things full price) in the very hippy cool department, when the very same couple walked by. I was holding a very pretty on sale blouse from OneWorld ™ and considering it very carefully, when I hear the old woman say to her husband, ‘Look at these horrible clothes. It’s like circus wear or Halloween costumes.’



She shakes her head in disgust and motions wildly toward the whole department then; they descended the escalator and were out of sight. I stood there, a little puzzled. Do you think she didn’t see me looking at the hippy cool clothes? Or, maybe she didn’t think I would dare purchase a blouse intended for the circus or Halloween? I’m not a small person, and I don’t really blend into any backgrounds very often, so I have to assume she saw me.



Hmmm, I thought to myself. Am I possibly wrong about this blouse?



In true Sassy fashion, I purchased the super cool hippy top and I can’t wait to wear it everywhere important this summer. I sure hope I run into that lady again. I’m going to thank her for the shopping advice.

** Edited to add:

Blog stalkers, I looked for a photo online of the exact blouse I bought, but didn't find it in the same color I purchased.  Here is their website.


I have actually purchased two blouses from this label, and I really enjoy both tops!  Unique, pretty, original and not at all suitable for a Halloween costume.  (Unless you might be dressing up as an example of awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment