Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Favorite Smile from Card Class


I really had fun designing the cards for our last Card Class.  This ended up being my favorite sample of the night.  I am really loving this color combo right now.  It comes from the Designer Series Paper, Eastern Elegance.  The stamps all come from a stamp set called, 'Happy Day'.

I started with the focal point, and designed around it.  I love how easily the ruffled ribbon goes around that circle, and it's always so much fun to distress card stock by crumpling it up.  I added rhinestones and it still needed a little something....

So, I grabbed a sponge from the corner of my messy desk and started sponging Coastal Cabana Ink all around the edges..... only to discover that the sponge was compromised.  I had already used that sponge in some shimmery ink.  Well, I think the results are just divine!  I didn't even know I was missing a shimmery ink element.  Happy accident!

Our monthly card classes are so much fun!  I hope you'll be able to join us next month.  We will have some new samples to share.  I'm sure at least one of them will have a happy accident to share!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! That paper is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete