Friday, February 19, 2010

Yes, I did that.....

Every once in a while, something happens that you never expect.

Yesterday, while running ordinary, mundane errands, I had a fun conversation with the sales lady at the beauty supply store. Let me first just tell you that she is an awesome sales lady! She stopped working a shelf stocking job to assist me, and she did it within the first few seconds of me entering the store! Thanks lady! You're awesome, and as a reward, I'm going to make you famous in this blog post.

** ding ** (Door rings as I enter the small store.)

Sales lady: Hello & Good Morning! Can I help you find something?

Me: Yes, as a matter of fact, I'm looking for some shampoo..... it's called, 'Pure Silver'.

Sales lady: OK Hon, come on back here, we have some on the shelf.

(We walk to the back of the store together.)

Sales lady: Here it is. We have several brands that do the same thing as 'Pure Silver', I prefer this particular generic. It works great on my customers, and it's about half the price. I'd recommend this.

Me: Oh, thank you for the information! That's so helpful! I'll take the generic!

(dramatic pause)

Sales lady: Um, excuse me, but do you know what this shampoo is for?

Me: Oh yes, it's for white hair.

Sales lady: Yes, that's right, but.....
(She looks at my brunette locks that frame my face with just a few gray highlights... shut up people, my color appointment is next month.)

Me: Oh right! It's not for me, we're washing goats tomorrow night.

Suddenly, her face becomes blank, then a curious look of confusion takes over. Then, she smiles and says,

'Oh, this is some kind of joke right? You're pulling my leg!'

We both begin to laugh.

No, I'm not pulling any one's leg about this, and it didn't even cross my mind as being an absurd thing to do, until the sales lady pointed it out to me.

I just made a special stop at a beauty supply store and bought 'Pure Silver' shampoo, specially formulated for beautiful white hair, for the sole purpose of washing goats. Then, I actually admitted to that purpose to the sales lady, who now thinks I'm strange.

Yes, I did that, and I don't think it's really all that strange. Thanks for the help sales lady! We're going to have some beautiful white goats!

1 comment:

  1. HILARIOUS!!!!

    If you ever get a chance, ask Mr. Analytical about buying tampons & maxi pads for his horse..........the two of you could shop together and never miss a beat!!!

    ReplyDelete