Friday, November 6, 2009

This is ME, Making Your Life Better.....

Everyone!! Please lend me your ear! I recently had the pleasure to peruse a delightful Avon book. Between the covers, I found this:



It's description goes a little something like this:
Blooming Pout Lip Gloss
239-905

Personalize your pout.
price: $6.00

Adjusts to your skin’s chemistry to enhance your natural lip color. Goes on clear…blossoms into your very own rosy glossy color. Visibly plumps lips, too! Capsicum Complex makes lips look fuller. Moisturizing oils add a juicy shine. Adapts to all skin tones. .5 fl. oz.


I was immediately intrigued by this. I don't know why, but the idea that Avon could make a product that would diagnose the perfect lip color for me just peaked my curiosity. I had to know.... Avon? What's my perfect color? and, How can one product work with my chemistry and adapt to my skin tone? and, most importantly, How or WHY would I want to personalize my pout?

It was like my own personal challenge to Avon. I was willing to sacrifice the $6 to prove Avon wrong. I was already writing the scolding email in my head, "Avon, you are wrong. You do not know what my perfect lip color is. This product does not work with my skin tone. Whoever thought it was a good idea to personalize a pout anyway? Furthermore; the juiciness of my lips really is none of your business!"

It's all a cosmetic puzzle to me, easily solved with a quick order.

Let's pause for a moment, I need to tell you... all of the blog universe must hear me now.... I do not sell Avon, nor am I being paid to give this endorsement. I am a regular girl. A normal, lip gloss wearing girl, who has searched for most of my adult life for a lip gloss that's just right.

Too much gloss? No thank you. I'll not be dancing on the pole tonight. Too sticky? Nah... I don't really like my hair in my mouth, thanks anyway. Too red? Hello? Clown face. Too brown? Too orange? Too glittery? I can go on and on. Please, don't get me started with the brands that have lids that won't stay on. If you have ever cleaned sticky lip gloss from the inside of your bag, you know my pain. The problems with lip gloss can be endless! Hello manufacturers? I need a perfect lip gloss. Who can help a Mother out?

Hello solution!! My perfect pout has arrived!!

As it turns out, Avon did it. Avon has created my perfect lip gloss! I would like to tell you that this juicy lip gloss is divine! It's not too sticky, not too red or pink. Avon has diagnosed my perfect shade of lip gloss and is working with my skin tone to give me the perfect lip gloss. I highly recommend this product to everyone! If the gloss plumps, I haven't noticed... but, I am a big lipped gal, so plumping isn't an issue.

If you too, wish for mini vacations to paradise lost.... and, would like to experience them daily with one whisk of the lip gloss, then this product is for you! Find an Avon lady! They are everywhere! If you are still lost, and feeling like your life is incomplete without this gloss, I can point you in the direction of my Avon Lady. She's Divine!

You're Welcome!

4 comments:

  1. I love it when you make my life better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I must have this gloss!! I want my lips to be perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the endorsement honey! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted almost the same plug on BikerCandy's wall on FB!!!! Let me tell y'all, pink angels have kissed my lips and the color is called "Pink Halo!"

    ReplyDelete