The following is a list of random situations that, as I go through my 'day-to-day,' I just happened to notice...I imagine that you, too, often find yourself saying, "You know, I'm not opposed to............."
I am NOT opposed to:
1. Busting out in a serenade of love in the middle of the grocery store when I discover that they now, after 12 years of begging, carry my FAVE brand of deodorant! P.S. Every one in my carpool is singing a new song as well!
2. Appropriate and properly implemented customer service skills...i.e. If you'd like to give me a lesson on 'how to correctly order my favorite coffee drink' that I've been ordering for 5+ years, THEN DON'T GIVE ME THE WRONG DRINK WHEN I JUST ORDERED IT FLAWLESSLY USING MY NEWLY ACQUIRED 'CORRECT ORDERING' SKILLS VIA YOUR INSTRUCTION!!
3. Dollar stores that DON'T smell like a dollar bill that's been wadded up an stuffed in the back pocket of the Feed Lot manager's waders for a month! You sell Febreeze! Use it!
4. Shock collars equipped with the in-ground sensors for kindergarten. If you've ever volunteered/worked in/subbed in/or have one, you know what I'm talking about!
5. Being forced to slam on my brakes because you've decided to move into my lane (A.K.A CUT ME OFF!) a little too closely to the front end of my car so that you could make a right hand turn into the parking lot of Rosa's Tortilla Factory...ONLY to decide at the absolute last possible moment that you don't want to turn into aforementioned parking lot! It's Rosa's!! It's the ONLY thing in the middle of the blooming field! You couldn't decide PRIOR to running me off the road that you actually DON'T want a bean-n-cheese burrito with a side of queso and chips and an order of 1 dozen tortillas to take home???? By the way, I have your plate number, AND I know the make and model of your vehicle...AND I'M OFF MY ROAD RAGE MEDS!!!
6. Telling a policeman--through the rolled up window of my moving car--"NO! I will NOT drive through the RED light, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOG, just because you're waving me through an intersection where traffic coming perpendicular to me has a GREEN light!" Did I mention that this was IN THE FOG!???
7. New traffic lights that function properly and safely. Yes, I'm talking to you TXDOT...if you install a traffic light and leave it as a blinking intersection light for a random number of months, then suddenly decide to activate the light--at random times of day--it might behoove you to inform the public! Especially since this light affects a major roadway and Starbucks! Have you tried to pull out of Starbucks during morning rush when you have no idea what to expect from said light?!
8. Writing letters to my government officials--whether local, state or federal--in order to inform them of my decisions involving the governing of our society. I also write letters to businesses that my input may benefit (hence the current in-progress development of the series "Don't Patronize Me").
.....It seems as though at least half of my UNopposed issues deal with traffic/vehicular situations...perhaps a letter to TXDOT is in order.